Website Adventure Aquarium
This position requires a dedicated and detail oriented individual to work as part of the Dive Safety Team to administrate and facilitate all aspects of the dive program at Adventure Aquarium. The main focus of the Dive Technician will be to provide essential topside supervision and in-water support to staff and volunteer dive teams as well as assist with diver training, equipment repair, record keeping, and other diving needs to support the Husbandry and Guest Experience departments. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background and interest in diving along with a desire to learn new skills in a fast-paced working environment.
Adventure Aquarium Culture:
Adventure Aquarium is in the business of creating memories worth repeating for our guests and staff. Join our enthusiastic and friendly team with a passion to exceed expectations. Together, we will create emotional connections that will last a lifetime!
What you’d be doing:
- Perform the role of diver, standby diver, or designated person in charge for various aquarium SCUBA and Surface Supplied daily dive operations.
- Administer all procedures set forth in the Adventure Aquarium Dive Safety Manual and the Volunteer Diver Handbook.
- Become proficient in OSHA commercial diving regulations and ADPA best practices as they pertain to aquarium dive operations.
- As directed by the Dive Safety Officer, assist with administrative tasks for the volunteer dive program; working alongside the CAS Volunteer Coordinator to onboard, organize, schedule, and maintain records for volunteer divers.
- Evaluate diver competency and make recommendations for training programs as needed.
- Maintain dive logs on all SCUBA and Surface Supplied diving activities.
- Operate breathing compressors and fill scuba cylinders.
- Maintain and repair SCUBA and Surface Supplied diving equipment, track periodic maintenance.
- Serve as a voting member of the facility Diving Control Board.
- Work on large and small projects related to diving equipment and infrastructure upgrades.
- Help maintain inventory of dive equipment, safety equipment, and participate in ordering supplies.
- Assist Husbandry Department with non-diving responsibilities as needed
- This position has been identified as Safety Critical with authorized operator requirements including random drug screens.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of Rescue Diver certification from a recognized diver training organization.
- Ability to continue on to course work for a Divemaster or Assistant Instructor rating.
- A minimum of 200 logged hours of Scuba Diving experience, aquarium diving experience preferred.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications, DAN 02 Provider preferred.
- Strong knowledge of diving theory and safe diving practices, the ability to act in a leadership role around dives.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a constantly changing environment as well as individually, with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of basic diving equipment routine maintenance, troubleshooting and repair; technician rating preferred.
- Ability to evaluate divers for competency in all SCUBA related activities.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which will include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
What you get:
- Comprehensive benefits plan through Humana and Guardian
- 5 Personal Days, 5 Sick Days, 7 Holidays, 80 Vacation Hours; all based on a full calendar year
- Profit Sharing and 401K Plan after first year of service with company match up to 3%
- 24 General Admission tickets annually, to be used by family and friends
- Complimentary tickets and occasional employee outings to other local attractions
- Discounts at our Retail and Photo areas, as well as in-house food vendors
- Training and development
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screening, background check, and SCUBA dive physical.
- In good health and capable of performing strenuous and/or heavy physical labor.
- No history of allergy related to animals or plants, which might interfere with ability to work.
- Ability to remain on feet for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend and stoop.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- No impairment of sight, smell, hearing, touch, balance and agility of movement which might interfere with ability to work.
- Physical strength, including the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Immunocompetence (possible exposure to infections and parasitic disease).
Note: Position will involve exposure to inclement weather, dust, potentially dangerous and unpredictable animal species, and potential dangerous machinery, restraint devices and toxic chemicals and/or drugs. Occasional use of protective clothing or equipment is required. (e.g. goggles, mask, gloves, and gowns)
Job Location: Camden, New Jersey, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: 38,000.00 USD
To apply for this job please visit hfecorp-openhire.silkroad.com.